Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

James
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 9:34:58 AM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
North Carolina received 3 votes in the pre-season AP football poll, ranking them 39th.  The Tar Heels' opening-week opponent, South Carolina, is ranked #6. Here are the ACC teams who made the list:

#8. Clemson
#11. Florida State
#28. Virginia Tech
#29. Miami
#38. Georgia Tech
#39. North Carolina

Your thoughts?  Is UNC ranked too high, too low, or just about right to start the season?
A_E_M
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:19:17 AM(UTC)
A_E_M

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
I say pretty good. But we all know... it's where they are at the end of the season that counts!

AEM
UNC Blogger for Isportsweb.com
Heelgirl78
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:59:23 PM(UTC)
Heelgirl78

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
With the success that we had last year, I think that's pretty low. Maybe we shouldn't be top 25 but I think we definitely deserve a top 30- perhaps 28 or 29. Then again, a great deal of our success was due, in part, to Gio and he went pro. I still think we'll surprise a lot of people before the year is out.
Heels on your FACE
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:00:06 PM(UTC)
Heels on your FACE

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
I was a little disappointed with this.  I think we could be better, and maybe I am delusional, but I think we can win our first game.
Super Gnat
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:40:09 PM(UTC)
Super Gnat

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Not sure why the press thinks we lose to UM and VPI.  We beat both last year and all have roughly the same teams coming back.  I get that VPI is an away game, but we beat UM in Miami last year.  I'm thinking we do it again at home this year.
fanaticheel
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:44:46 PM(UTC)
fanaticheel

have always been the glass half full when it comes to UNC. Every part of my being wants to believe (and so I do) that UNC will only be better in it 2nd yr in this system. I always think UNC is ranked to low yet until UNC start winning the games that they say we shouldn't (like last year) and stop losing the games that we shouldn't (like last year), it always hard to say exactly where UNC should be ranked.

If UNC win the first game (and I honestly believe they will), we will be looking at a top 10 team at season's end.
Rss Feed