Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

James
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:26:02 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
I just linked to a Wall St. Journal article about Marvin Austin on the front page of the site. I'm expecting to receive the usual hate mail at any moment from a few readers who say I shouldn't link to anything written about him or Greg Little, given the NCAA sanctions they helped bring upon UNC.

What are your thoughts about Tar Heel Times' coverage of Austin, Little, and others involved in the scandal? Should I not follow them?  Should I post the links and let readers decide if they want to click on it (which has been my policy)? I'd love your feedback.
A_E_M
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:21:44 PM(UTC)
A_E_M

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
I for one was never happy with the scandal.

Having said that, the did don the carolina blue.

Did they do a dumb thing, selfish as well? Yes, but that does not cancel the fact that they also were part of the program.

And on another note, this is as good as any site I have ever seen to get UNC info, no one should complain about what you put on it.

AEM

UNC Blogger for Isportsweb.com
mistermojo
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:52:54 AM(UTC)
mistermojo

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
Maybe the two highest profile recruits during Butch's first years.  We were all thrilled that they decided to come to Chapel Hill.

Kids make mistakes.  Those passing judgment should consider their own poor choices first.  I hope they both learn and move on because they will always be linked to UNC.  How they represent us now is what is important.
heelheat1
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:21:37 PM(UTC)
heelheat1

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
I am tired of hearing kids make mistakes. They are told over and over by the athletic department what is right and what is wrong as it relates to the NCAA and University athletic teams. In my opinion they are both guilty of being stupid and irresponsible and the sad thig is they keep doing it over and over even at the pro level.
hammerheel68
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:19:42 PM(UTC)
hammerheel68

Should I post the links and let readers decide if they want to click on it (which has been my policy)?

THIS
HeelFanMIkeB
#6 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 11:14:34 AM(UTC)
HeelFanMIkeB

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
^^I agree
HeelFanMIkeB
#7 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 11:16:48 AM(UTC)
HeelFanMIkeB

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
^^Agreed
Rss Feed