Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

James
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:23:35 AM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
P.J. Hairston tells the Daily Tar Heel that he'll be on the court at some point this season once his suspension is complete. He doesn't know how long he'll have to sit out, but says, "whatever it is I’m ready for it."

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2013/08/hairston-08-27
Heelgirl78
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:17:43 PM(UTC)
Heelgirl78

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Keeping my fingers crossed that PJ and other current and future players learned a lesson from all this.
James
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:25:41 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Originally Posted by: Heelgirl78 Go to Quoted Post
Keeping my fingers crossed that PJ and other current and future players learned a lesson from all this.

Me, too, Heelgirl. But if history has taught us anything, it's that young people will always feel invincible and will continue to make youthful mistakes. Hopefully I'm wrong and that trend will reverse itself.  On that note, it was nice to see P.J. tweet this today:

PJ Hairston ‏@Mr_Hairston15
Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life.
HeelFanMIkeB
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:57:25 PM(UTC)
HeelFanMIkeB

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Yea but PJ made the same mistake multiple times in a short time frame. Thats a bad habit not a mistake. We need him to get rid of the bad habits
cseury85
#5 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 2:58:14 PM(UTC)
cseury85

The question is will PJ be back for the Kentucky game?  

What does everybody think the suspension length will be?

twu662
#6 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 3:06:33 PM(UTC)
twu662

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
I think 7-10 games for getting on the blotter 3 times. At the same time, I hope they think it's just speeding tickets and gives him the first half of the Rice game. Oh wait...
heelblue82
#7 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 3:07:59 PM(UTC)
heelblue82

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
That's a tough one to call right there. I could see him being back after 8 games with the 9th game being the Kentucky matchup. I don't think it will be anymore than ten games. I'm gonna go on record as saying it will be a six game suspension, this is all speculation on my part.
Rss Feed