Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

James
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:09:17 AM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Former West Virginia wide receiver and current St. Louis Rams rookie Tavon Austin tells NFL.com that he would have gone to UNC if Butch Davis promised him a chance to play running back:

"Some people told me what I wanted to hear," current Rams rookie Tavon Austin said with a smile after a recent practice in St. Louis. "(Then North Carolina coach) Butch Davis told me he only viewed me as a slot receiver. Georgia came down, wanted me to play DB. I wanted to be a running back, but I really wanted to go to North Carolina, so if Butch Davis gave me a chance at running back, I would've gone there. But he didn't lie to me, kept it real, and that's why I went to West Virginia."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237874/article/tavon-austin-among-guys-following-path-charted-by-percy-harvin

Jesse
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:00:44 PM(UTC)
Jesse

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
I guess that's one thing I can give Davis credit for: being honest to a potential recruit. It seems few college coaches are that straight forward.

Now, if only he had been this honest with academic oversight...
Rss Feed