Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

LeadingScorer
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:40:37 PM(UTC)
LeadingScorer

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
With last year's unquestioned leader off to the NBA...........what player provides that needed influence for the 2013-14 TarHeels?
http://distilleryimage4.ak.instagram.com/438097e215b811e39de722000aa80403_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/d201weOZdM/#
James
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 11:59:06 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
That's a good question with no clear-cut answer (to me, at least). Each potential leader has his pros and cons.

Marcus Paige plays the "leadership" position at point guard, but as a sophomore is he old enough and/or assertive enough to be UNC's leader?

Leslie McDonald is the lone experienced senior, but is that enough to command leadership given that he's been the "6th man" during a good deal of his career?

James Michael McAdoo is the highest-profile player, but he seems to lack vocal leadership (at least during games) and exudes more of a laid back personality. Will he actively rally the players around him?

P.J. Hairston is UNC's emotional leader and possesses that "never back down" attitude, but have his off-court problems hampered his ability to lead?

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edited by user Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:00:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Heelgirl78
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 4:00:27 AM(UTC)
Heelgirl78

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
I have a lot of hope that J M McAdoo will be a stand-out player this year. From all I've read, he's been working out like a beast this summer. Not to mention that he's already one of our most talented players.
heelblue82
#4 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 3:20:33 PM(UTC)
heelblue82

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
Originally Posted by: Heelgirl78 Go to Quoted Post
I have a lot of hope that J M McAdoo will be a stand-out player this year. From all I've read, he's been working out like a beast this summer. Not to mention that he's already one of our most talented players.
I think JMM will fill that role for us as well Heelgirl78. Like you I've heard he really has been putting in work and that we should look forward to a much more focused and vocal demeanor from him on the court this year. He is the big dog upperclassmen and I think he knows it's his time to step up and lead this group of Tar Heels.
heelheat1
#5 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 3:48:34 PM(UTC)
heelheat1

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
I think Paige will be the one to step up and be the true leader on the court. It is a big jump from frosh to soph and he was looking real good the second half of last season. JMM is to laid back, McDonald could be the locker room leader and help the new freshman learn the ropes, PJ has to much on his plate right now.
HeelFanMIkeB
#6 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 11:08:42 PM(UTC)
HeelFanMIkeB

Yea I look for Paige or JMM to be our teams leaders. I really think paige can take off this year. He avg 28 ppg in HS that kinna shooting ability doesnt just go away. His game against State at home was amazing. JMM has all the ability to be lead us hopefully he can
fanUNCatic
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:48:54 AM(UTC)
fanUNCatic

I know that PJ has a lot on his plate right now, but no one stands to gain more from being the leader than him. It would force him to concentrate on what really matters, basketball, and help him put the distractions(bad people) behind him. Plus he is the most talented player on that team IMO. I hope to see him take command of that role. The only problem with this is that there are many distractions (NCAA) around him, I am not sure he has the mental make up to assume this role. 
Rss Feed