Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

James
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:56:35 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
I'm always trying to improve Tar Heel Times to make it a better experience for you in both the forums and on the main site. Is there anything I can do to improve the site? Are you having technical problems? Do you have any other questions or comments? Let me know and I'll do my best to address your concerns. Positive feedback and constructive criticism are always welcomed in my efforts to make this the best free Tar Heel site around.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:57:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Updating message

FarFlungHeel
#2 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 6:53:38 AM(UTC)
FarFlungHeel

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
FYI, when I try to edit My Profile, after pushing the save button the tab on the browser locks up and the changes are not saved. Using Chrome on a Macbook Air.
James
#3 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:14:52 AM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Thanks for letting me know (and for joining the forum). I'll take a look and see if I can find what's going on. Unfortunately these types of issues always seem to happen with new software.
Jgleason78
#4 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:34:37 AM(UTC)
Jgleason78

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
I just want to say I appreciate you doing this and setting up a free forum. I've been a paying member of another site for about 8 years now, so it's refereshing to have other options out there.
James
#5 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:47:09 AM(UTC)
James

Originally Posted by: Jgleason78 Go to Quoted Post
I just want to say I appreciate you doing this and setting up a free forum. I've been a paying member of another site for about 8 years now, so it's refereshing to have other options out there.

I'm happy to do it, and it's something I've wanted to do for quite some time. Hopefully we'll have minimal technical issues and eventually become as large and active a community as some of the older, more established forums out there. We're off to a nice start on day 1. Thanks for joining, and please let me know if you have questions or if there's ever anything I can do to help.
tarheelwalker
#6 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:51:20 AM(UTC)
tarheelwalker

Hey I just wanted to let you know it seems to be working good on my iPhone! I'm excited to meet and talk to UNC fans from all around! So so far it's looking good from my view!
James
#7 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:57:14 AM(UTC)
James

Originally Posted by: tarheelwalker Go to Quoted Post
Hey I just wanted to let you know it seems to be working good on my iPhone! I'm excited to meet and talk to UNC fans from all around! So so far it's looking good from my view!

Thanks, THW.  I don't have an iPhone, so thanks for being our official iPhone beta tester. It's nice to know that things are working well for you, and thanks for joining us!
tarheelfever
#8 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 8:10:30 AM(UTC)
tarheelfever

What a great addition to the site, forums were the missing link. Thanks for all your hard work!

also, the birth-year drop down box under "Edit Profile" only goes to 1991
James
#9 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 8:19:34 AM(UTC)
James

Originally Posted by: tarheelfever Go to Quoted Post
What a great addition to the site, forums were the missing link. Thanks for all your hard work!

also, the birth-year drop down box under "Edit Profile" only goes to 1991

Thanks for the kind words and for joining the forums. It looks like the birth year dropdown is a little quirky, but you can work around it by typing your birthday into the "Birthday" field using mm/dd/yyyy format and the dropdown list will correct itself...strange
James
#10 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 11:35:01 AM(UTC)
James

I've noticed that a few posts have been flagged as needing approval for some strange reason. So if your posts don't show up right away, don't worry...I'll approve it on my end and look into what might be causing the problem.
James
#11 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 1:20:38 PM(UTC)
James

Another technical note: If the verification link in your email doesn't work correctly after you've registered, it probably means that I've already approved your membership manually. You should be able to ignore the error and log in with no problems (if you aren't already logged in).

Please let me know if you experience any other issues I can look into for you.
Heelgirl78
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:17:40 AM(UTC)
Heelgirl78

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Curious as to why the time on forums page is shown as "2:15 pm ". It is currently 10:15 am EDT.
James
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:41:48 AM(UTC)
James

Originally Posted by: Heelgirl78 Go to Quoted Post
Curious as to why the time on forums page is shown as "2:15 pm ". It is currently 10:15 am EDT.

You just need to set your time zone in your profile. Here's how to find that setting:
My Profile link (at top of page) > Edit Profile link (on left side of Profile page) > Scroll to bottom to set time zone

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be glad to help.
Heelgirl78
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:27:22 PM(UTC)
Heelgirl78

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Got it ! Thanks ! :)
heelblue82
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:49:53 PM(UTC)
heelblue82

James- I'm having some difficulty when I try to quote a post and reply. When I press "enter" on the keyboard it will not let me go below the reply im trying to quote. What's the best way to use the quote function? Should I type it in front of what I'm quoting or type it directly behind the reply I'm quoting? Thanks for the help and thanks for the message board!
James
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:01:03 PM(UTC)
James

Originally Posted by: heelblue82 Go to Quoted Post
James- I'm having some difficulty when I try to quote a post and reply. When I press "enter" on the keyboard it will not let me go below the reply im trying to quote. What's the best way to use the quote function? Should I type it in front of what I'm quoting or type it directly behind the reply I'm quoting? Thanks for the help and thanks for the message board!

Ideally, you want to type your response below the quote you're responding to (as I've done here). Are you not able to type below the quote? Am I misunderstanding your question?  I'm happy to help, but I'm having trouble visualizing your problem.
heelblue82
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:46:18 PM(UTC)
heelblue82

Originally Posted by: James Go to Quoted Post

Ideally, you want to type your response below the quote you're responding to (as I've done here). Are you not able to type below the quote? Am I misunderstanding your question?  I'm happy to help, but I'm having trouble visualizing your problem.
Yeah that is the problem i'm having, I can not type below a quote. Like right now I started typing directly at the end of your quote, because I was unable to start my quote under yours.
heelblue82
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:47:54 PM(UTC)
heelblue82

Originally Posted by: James Go to Quoted Post

Yeah that is the problem i'm having, I can not type below a quote. Like right now I started typing directly at the end of your quote, because I was unable to start my quote under yours.
Well I answered my own question, it does it automatically. hahaha Thanks for the help
James
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:51:53 PM(UTC)
James

That's strange, but whatever you did to quote my post above seemed to work so keep doing that and I'll look into the technical side of things a little more on my end. In the mean time, please let me know if there's anything else you need.
Rss Feed