Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
HeelFanMIkeB
#21 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 10:56:02 PM(UTC)
HeelFanMIkeB

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Vaughn almost committed once so hopefully we are still close to the top of his list. I think Hicks could be a Huge player for us by the time the 2014 guys play their first game. Hicks and Jackson are gna be amazing together!
LeadingScorer
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2013 2:20:15 PM(UTC)
LeadingScorer

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Somebody.........anybody..........you're all welcome! Next TarHeel commit..........Vaughn, Exum, Johnson, Blackmon..........come on down!
Super Gnat
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 7:46:15 AM(UTC)
Super Gnat

So if the NCAA has prohibited Findlay Prep visits due to the school being "non-scholastic" does this mean Roy has cancelled his in home visit with Vaughn?
James
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:10:31 AM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Originally Posted by: Super Gnat Go to Quoted Post
So if the NCAA has prohibited Findlay Prep visits due to the school being "non-scholastic" does this mean Roy has cancelled his in home visit with Vaughn?

Great question. I'm pretty sure Roy can still visit Vaughn. He just can't attend any games or open gym sessions for evaluation purposes.

James
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:41:23 AM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Roy Williams was in Franklin, Ohio on Friday checking out 2015 shooting guard Luke Kennard. Ohio State coach Thad Matta, and Michigan coach John Beilein were also there. This photo was taken at Kennard's football game (Kennard is also a Division I quarterback recruit).

A random thought...it's always neat to see coaches interact with each other off the court. They're always so friendly even while trying to steal recruits from the other guy.

fanUNCatic
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:56:21 AM(UTC)
fanUNCatic

Originally Posted by: cseury85 Go to Quoted Post
I have a feeling Johnson is going to commit to Indiana.  I have a  good feeling about Vaughn coming to UNC especially with his parents coming with him on this visit. Only problem is can he deal with not being the go to guy.

My concern is that IIRC he was close to committing to UNC at one time but his parents asked him to take his time with the process. Maybe they are coming back to be a part of it, maybe they are coming to make sure that he doesn't commit on the spot, I don't know. I surely would love to have him though.  
James
#27 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 6:24:06 PM(UTC)
James

Roy was in Texas Sunday visiting 2014 commit Justin Jackson.

Justin Jackson ‏@JJacks2014
Had a great visit with my future coach, Coach Williams!! #UNC

James
#28 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 6:33:20 PM(UTC)
James

...and as soon as I post that Roy is in Texas, he shows up in Las Vegas Sunday night with Steve Robinson and a recruit I haven't seen before.

Deborah C. Newton ‏@deborahcnewton
The 2 Amazing Men of @UNC_Basketball #roywilliams #steverobinson GO HEELS!

James
#29 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:35:13 PM(UTC)
James

It looks like Florida State has officially entered the Robert Johnson sweepstakes.  Johnson is scheduled to announce his decision Friday between UNC, Indiana, Virginia, and FSU. The Seminoles were a late-comer to the party, but Johnson's coach said Johnson was blown away by his visit to Tallahassee:

"Before the FSU visit, I thought it was about 33, 33, 33 percentage-wise. I didn’t think FSU was going to be able to get in the mix because it’s so far away and he had two other ACC offers that were closer...but they blew him away down there."

James
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:01:53 AM(UTC)
James

Robert Johnson will make his announcement on Friday at 3:30 at his high school. He's choosing between UNC, Indiana, Virginia, and Florida State.

James
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:09:48 PM(UTC)
James

I doubt there's anything to this, but I thought it was interesting that Robert Johnson re-tweeted Ed Davis' comment about Johnson potentially picking UNC this Friday:

Ed Davis ‏@eddavis32
Carolina??RT @robjohnson4_: My school thought it would be best to switch my annoucement earlier. So it will be at 3:30 in school library

Johnson attends Benedictine HS in Richmond, the same school Davis attended before coming to North Carolina.

LeadingScorer
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:37:50 PM(UTC)
LeadingScorer

Do we get Johnson on Friday?......or do we wait & get Vaughn next Friday?.....or do we get Exum?.....God only knows when.
James
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:59:34 PM(UTC)
James

Originally Posted by: LeadingScorer Go to Quoted Post
Do we get Johnson on Friday?......or do we wait & get Vaughn next Friday?.....or do we get Exum?.....God only knows when.

I like the chances with Johnson much more than with Vaughn. I'll gladly take either one, though.

HeelFanMIkeB
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:01:56 AM(UTC)
HeelFanMIkeB

Is vaughn announcing next week?
James
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:35:34 AM(UTC)
James

Originally Posted by: HeelFanMIkeB Go to Quoted Post
Is vaughn announcing next week?

Vaughn hasn't set an announcement date yet. He's visiting UNC next weekend (9/27) and has visits scheduled out as far at November 27th (Iowa State), so it doesn't look like he's planning on deciding soon unless he falls in love on one of his visits.

cseury85
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:52:46 AM(UTC)
cseury85

I wish we could get Vaughn we could use the size and abilities he brings to the table at the guard position.  I am excited about the years to come for Carolina Basketball.  I dont care what anybody says Roy knows how to build a roster!!!!

James
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:22:58 AM(UTC)
James

Alex at Inside the Hall (Indiana site) has written a nice primer on Robert Johnson's upcoming announcement:

http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/09/19/announcement-primer-2014-guard-robert-johnson/

Also from Alex: "Hearing a lot of buzz for UNC, FWIW."

Edited by user Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:46:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UNC'81
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:26:18 PM(UTC)
UNC'81

247Sports' survey of recruiting analysts still shows the Heels are predicted to land Johnson. I'm sensing he might stay in-state and choose UVA.

http://247sports.com/Pla...erInstitutionPredictions
heelblue82
#39 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:31:02 PM(UTC)
heelblue82

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
With Johnson choosing IU, I'm hoping Roy can get an OV scheduled with Blackmon, preferably the weekend of Oct 25th (LNWR). Also hoping above all else that RV follows through on his OV and finally commits to the Heels!
James
#40 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:21:40 PM(UTC)
James

Blackmon appears to be Kentucky-bound if you believe most of the recruiting analysts. Not many folks give UNC a chance. Getting any recruit to attend Late Night really boosts Roy's chances, so let's hope we can get some top players (even in the 2015 class) to attend.

Rss Feed 
3 Pages<123>