Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
twu662
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:55:53 AM(UTC)
twu662

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
Rashad Vaughn's not coming here.  If someone else commits, then he's not going to get an official visit, either now or during basketball season.  And couldn't he come to a hoops game even if it wasn't an official visit?  That sounds like a non-committal way of staying "intrigued".  But I'm not ole Roy and I don't have skin in the game.  Is Vaughn a good fit or not?  Or does ole Roy know something that I don't (well...likely).  I have no doubt Vaughn will have an impact wherever he lands.  But it takes him until the week of to decide he wants to come later?  What's up with that?
TarHeel
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:29:02 AM(UTC)
TarHeel

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
One interesting aspect of Vaughn's recruitment here of late... Among the schools that he has cut from his list: UCONN, Georgetown, and Kentucky.  Being that these are all east coast teams(maybe a stretch for UK;) I can't decide if I think this is a good omen or a bad one that UNC is the last school east of the Mississippi that is being considered. 

My gut is telling me UNC is falling behind in the race to sign Mr. Vaughn.
James
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:49:54 AM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Just a couple of notes on UNC's 2015 basketball recruiting class:
  • Kinston 4-star small forward Brandon Ingram visited UNC for the Tar Heels' game against ECU. Ingram is a frequent visitor to Chapel Hill due to his proximity and has also been a regular visitor to NC State.
  • Center Stephen Zimmerman, a consensus top-5 overall player in the 2015 class, is expecting a visit from Roy Williams next week as Williams is scheduled to watch Zimmerman in Las Vegas. Zimmerman plays for Bishop Gorman and is teammates with fellow big man and UNC target Chase Jeter. Jeter has been rising rapidly in the recruiting rankings lately.
  • 2015 4-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney from Orlando, Florida is also receiving more attention from UNC recently after being evaluated by the UNC staff over the summer.
Here's a complete look at UNC's 2015 Basketball Recruiting Board.

James
#44 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 7:59:47 AM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Brandon Ingram, 2015 4-star small forward from Kinston, will be attending Late Night with Roy on 10/25, per Inside Carolina. This isn't a huge revelation, as Ingram has attended numerous Carolina games, but it's nice to see that he chose to attend UNC's late night rather than someone else's.

heelblue82
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 8:30:49 AM(UTC)
heelblue82

Originally Posted by: James Go to Quoted Post
Brandon Ingram, 2015 4-star small forward from Kinston, will be attending Late Night with Roy on 10/25, per Inside Carolina. This isn't a huge revelation, as Ingram has attended numerous Carolina games, but it's nice to see that he chose to attend UNC's late night rather than someone else's.

It is awesome that we will have him at LNWR, however he is going to be at NCstate Oct 18 and Wake's  Oct 19 late night events as well.
Rss Feed 
3 Pages<123