Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

James
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:38:56 AM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Baseball America's National Writer for college baseball, Aaron Fitt reports via Twitter that UNC second baseman Mike Zolk is no longer on the baseball team. No other information was available. Zolk started 66 of 68 games for the Tar Heels last season and batted .269 with 2 home runs and 40 RBI. He also had a .966 fielding percentage.

Aaron Fitt ‏@aaronfitt
A little bad news for #UNC: second baseman Mike Zolk is no longer a part of the program and will not be returning. No more info available.

Super Gnat
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:04:06 PM(UTC)
Super Gnat

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
James, has anyone heard what happened or why?  We are going to be pretty young this year and really could have used his leadership out there.
James
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:40:01 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
I haven't heard what happened, but I'll let you know if I find out. Also, if you're able to look him up on Twitter, you'll see that several of his tweets seemed to be focused on partying. Perhaps he chose that college lifestyle over that of the student-athlete or he's just having fun now that he's no longer on the team. Either way, I'm sure it will come out eventually.
Super Gnat
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:37:12 PM(UTC)
Super Gnat

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
So Zoom was more than just a nickname patterned after his play on the field I take it.
Rss Feed