Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

James
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:38:14 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
UNC is out of the James Blackmon recruiting race according to Blackmon's Wednesday Twitter post. Blackmon, one of the top uncommitted shooting guards in the 2014 recruiting class tweeted Wednesday evening that his decision is coming soon and accompanied the post with a very telling picture that omitted UNC. Blackmon's final 5 are: Indiana, Michigan State, Michigan, Kentucky, and Kansas.

James Blackmon Jr. ‏@JBlackmon2
The Decision coming soon...

It looks like it will be Rashad Vaughn or bust for the final spot in UNC's 2014 basketball recruiting class.  Vaughn will be visiting UNLV on November 25th...he has not yet rescheduled his visit to Chapel Hill.

Edited by user Thursday, October 03, 2013 12:32:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tarheeltatman
#2 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 1:26:00 AM(UTC)
tarheeltatman

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
James Blackmon who??? Sorry, but I think his "eliminating" UNC could very well be a sign he wasn't willing to be back up to Vaughn. I'm not even sure how hard Roy was even pursuing the Blackmon kid. My money says if Exum goes to college, it'll be UNC without a doubt, whether Vaughn comes or not. Isn't Vaughn attending one of the NCAA's "non scholastic schools" this year?
James
#3 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 6:32:22 AM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Originally Posted by: tarheeltatman Go to Quoted Post
James Blackmon who??? Sorry, but I think his "eliminating" UNC could very well be a sign he wasn't willing to be back up to Vaughn. I'm not even sure how hard Roy was even pursuing the Blackmon kid. My money says if Exum goes to college, it'll be UNC without a doubt, whether Vaughn comes or not. Isn't Vaughn attending one of the NCAA's "non scholastic schools" this year?

Yes, Vaughn is attending Findlay Prep in Las Vegas. It's one of the non-scholastic schools that UNC typically doesn't recruit.  This doesn't bode well for UNC's chances with Vaughn. My first choice of the shooting guards has always been Exum. He's the best of the group, but it's hard to get a read on where he stands with his NBA decision. He's supposedly a top-5 NBA pick. If that's the case, there's no reason for him to go to college unless it's strictly for the academics or winning an NCAA championship like his father.

HeelFanMIkeB
#4 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 6:14:24 PM(UTC)
HeelFanMIkeB

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
We'll hopefully get one of them. Its surprising that the school that helped create the best player ever a (SG no less) now is having a hard time getting one of these top notch shooting guards
tarheeltatman
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 7:05:22 PM(UTC)
tarheeltatman

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
I think PJ will stay for his senior year in 2014. If that happens, SG is covered, though we'd be thin at that spot. Maybe Tokoto can convert ???  It'd take hundreds of hours in the gym with Coach Hubert, no doubt. 2015 could bring in 2 new SG's, though that would mean one of 2 freshmen starting. With Paige, Britt and Berry, maybe we can run a 2 PG lineup at times in 2014....I think the options are there even if we miss on all in 2014.
Rss Feed