Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

James
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:44:38 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
There was a lot of information that came out today at "Operation Basketball" from Roy Williams, Brice Johnson, and Marcus Paige, so I thought I'd recap the highlights here:

Roy on P.J. Hairston:
  • On the potential length of Hairston's suspension: "I don't think it'll be 1/2 a game" (in reference to the length of Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel's suspension).
  • On the NCAA's admitted involvement in P.J. Hairston's case: "We keep things in the locker room."
  • On supporting P.J.: "I'm in that youngster's corner as hard as I can be."
  • P.J. will be unavailable to speak with the media until he plays in a game.
  • Says Hairston has been "sensational" in practice.
  • Hairston is currently splitting time with the 1st and 2nd teams in practice.
Roy wore an orange ribbon in support of UNC women's coach Syvia Hatchell as she fights leukemia.

Roy says only Marcus Paige and James Michael McAdoo are considered starters right now.

Williams described Isaiah Hicks as a mix between John Henson and Kenyon Martin.

Williams thought Reggie Bullock would be back this season.

Roy thinks Kennedy Meeks may be as a good a passing big man that he's ever coached

Brice Johnson says he focused almost exclusively on defense this off-season, realizing that it was a liability last year.

Brice has been eating 6 high-protien meals per day in order to gain weight. He currently weighs 207 pounds with a goal of reaching 210.

Marcus Paige says Kennedy Meeks has been the biggest (pleasant) surprise in practice thus far. Meeks is pushing Joel James for the starting center position.

Paige said he's enjoyed playing shooting guard when Nate Britt comes in at point guard. Roy said he'd like to use this "two point-guard" lineup at times this season.

Rss Feed