Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : What will be UNC's record after the first 4 weeks of the football season?
Choice Votes Statistics
  4-0
19 %
  3-1
38 %
  2-2
42 %
  1-3
0 %
  0-4
0 %
(Poll is closed)  Total 21 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register. The poll has expired.
James
#1 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 2:37:42 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Brian over at Tar Heel Blog posted a nice preview of UNC's first four football games of the season. Although, he didn't make any concrete predictions, it did make me want to get your thoughts and test out our new forum polling feature.

What will UNC's record be after the first four weeks?
8/29 at South Carolina
9/7 vs Middle Tennessee
9/21 at Georgia Tech

9/28 vs East Carolina
heelheat1
#2 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 4:00:33 PM(UTC)
heelheat1

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
How and where can we vote on the 4 game record?
heelheat1
#3 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 4:03:27 PM(UTC)
heelheat1

I figured it out and made my vote.
A_E_M
#4 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 4:04:43 PM(UTC)
A_E_M

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
I will be doing my preview soon (shameless plug, I know). I see UNC at 2 and 2 after four games and 3 and 3 at the end of the first half.

If that is the case then we should be good for a post bowl run.

AEM
UNC Blogger for Isportsweb.com
James
#5 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 4:07:45 PM(UTC)
James

Originally Posted by: heelheat1 Go to Quoted Post
I figured it out and made my vote.

Yeah, the voting interface isn't as intuitive as I'd like it. You have to click the link of the option you want. Glad you figured it out.

I think the Heels have a better chance of beating SC at their place than beating GT. UNC hasn't won in Atlanta since 1997 (I think), and we didn't exactly play them well at home last year, either.
A_E_M
#6 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 4:24:40 PM(UTC)
A_E_M

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
I think UNC's hardest game is at South Carolina. The Heels will be trying out a new back with a line that has 2 new elements in it. And while both programs do not have many coming back on defense I still have to give the edge to SC.

Thursday night, with the whole nation wanting to see college football again, Spurrier has to make a statement.

On the other hand I hope that the "Battle of the Carolinas" becomes a yearly (or almost) game.

AEM
UNC Blogger for Isportsweb.com
Hinjo7
#7 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 4:32:42 PM(UTC)
Hinjo7

I think our toughest two games will be at South Carolina and at GT. I feel like we need to win at least one of these 2 games.  I feel we will win the Middle Tenn St and ECU game however the MTS game will be tougher than many Tar Heel fans think.  

Just hoping the Heels can go into Columbia and take out SC.  
UNC_lmb7
#8 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 5:09:15 PM(UTC)
UNC_lmb7

theres a lot of question marks with this team loss of gio half the line two best players on d but with that being said I don't see a game that isn't "winnable" of course playing in Columbia isn't a walk in the park but they also have some questions marks of their own if our d can improve and if the oline can come together and preform fairly well I don't see why we cant be 3-1 I feel pretty confident the run game can produce with blue and morris they had some success when gio was hurt last year this year teams success is based on improving d and oline stability being from South Carolina and listening to the trash talk and "SEC" chants on a daily basis I would like nothing more than for my heels to go in and pull of the upset of a top 10 team #goheels
BigKatt
#9 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 5:31:14 PM(UTC)
BigKatt

4-0, baby!
Super Gnat
#10 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 8:00:08 PM(UTC)
Super Gnat

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Originally Posted by: BigKatt Go to Quoted Post
4-0, baby!

Love the optimism! I would not be surprised if we finish 3-1, but 2-2 is more likely. Of course, any more injuries on defense could change that dramatically.
fanaticheel
#11 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 9:01:01 PM(UTC)
fanaticheel

4-0. The ****s will be a tough outing but one I truly believe we can win. I think it comes down to the 4th quarter. I think we have or take the lead in the 4th and then it's a struggle to hang on. That has been out history but in the end, I do believe we pull it out. The biggest difference in the past and the now is the peddle to the metal attitude that has never existed and that is what I'm banking on in this game.

As far as the GT game, I refuse to believe that we will give up 65 or anything close to that again against them.
James
#12 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 9:24:05 PM(UTC)
James

Originally Posted by: fanaticheel Go to Quoted Post
4-0. The ****s will be a tough outing but one I truly believe we can win. I think it comes down to the 4th quarter. I think we have or take the lead in the 4th and then it's a struggle to hang on. That has been out history but in the end, I do believe we pull it out. The biggest difference in the past and the now is the peddle to the metal attitude that has never existed and that is what I'm banking on in this game.

As far as the GT game, I refuse to believe that we will give up 65 or anything close to that again against them.

Welcome to the forums, Fanatic, and congrats on getting the first filtered word in board history...and you didn't even use it in a profane context.  I wonder if I should unfilter that word
UNC_lmb7
#13 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 9:30:55 PM(UTC)
UNC_lmb7

Spurrier says if Clowney Ellington and Byrd don't get healthy soon they may miss first game of season any truth or is the ol ball coach trying to motivate them to practice and stop "faking" injuries to get out of 100 degree practices ????
MikeRaym
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:10:09 AM(UTC)
MikeRaym

If We (tar heels) can stay in the game until the fourth quarter and keep firing off the ball then I believe it's our best chance of winning. The more snaps We get the better. Sc doesn't have a comeback battle type offense they have to win early. They have a good defense but it's way better than there offense and our offense is going to put up numbers so if We can get them into a tight game in the fourth then We will win. If their d has momentum in the end chalk up a zero before the one.
James
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:41:17 AM(UTC)
James

Originally Posted by: UNC_lmb7 Go to Quoted Post
Spurrier says if Clowney Ellington and Byrd don't get healthy soon they may miss first game of season any truth or is the ol ball coach trying to motivate them to practice and stop "faking" injuries to get out of 100 degree practices ????

Spurrier's probably just trying to motivate them to get on the field. I doubt the players are faking it, but two-a-day practices in the August heat sure make a great time sit out and "heal up".  All three of those guys will be ready to go on the 29th.
Rss Feed