Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

57unbeaten
#1 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 5:21:36 PM(UTC)
57unbeaten

Helmet Stickers: Topic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Any thoughts on playing him more? I'd like to see Howard,Davis and Thorpe on the field together.
James
#2 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 9:16:00 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Originally Posted by: 57unbeaten Go to Quoted Post
Any thoughts on playing him more? I'd like to see Howard,Davis and Thorpe on the field together.

That would be a great trio and a tough one to defend.  The problem is that UNC has so much depth at receiver that it's hard to get everyone involved. I can't remember the last time the Heels had 7 receivers who are all capable of starter's minutes.  Who you take reps away from to give Howard more time?

Quinshad Davis
T.J. Thorpe
Sean Tapley
Kendrick Singleton
Ryan Switzer
Mark McNeill
Bug Howard

Heelturn
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:32:57 AM(UTC)
Heelturn

I think you'll see significantly more of Howard as the season progresses, maybe even as soon as the next game coming off the bye week.

Quinshad did not play nearly as much at the beginning of his true freshman season last year as he did later on (though he did get more run from the beginning than Bug has gotten so far) but as the season progressed his reps increased significantly. I think we'll see the same with Howard--he's demonstrated the ability to make plays, he just needs to show the staff that he comprehends the nuances of the offense.

Rss Feed