Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

TAR!(nation)
#1 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 5:19:25 PM(UTC)
TAR!(nation)

Helmet Stickers: Topic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
More and more time goes along and I keep coming faithfully every Saturday to Kenan to support my football program I wonder When will that Blue Zone ever become a factor in games as originally intended?! Supposed to make Kenan clouded yet is a vortex of sadness. The elite who inhabit those seats/boxes are the examples by which the "regular fans" are suppose to follow by so if fans on TV see more aluminum than Carolina Blue fans why should they come participate? High time everyone get behind this Head Coach, players and staff no matter the outcomes and became a factor in games thus becoming a true home field nightmare for opposing teams.
TarHeel_Bred
#2 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:11:40 PM(UTC)
TarHeel_Bred

This is not only a problem that UNC is having,  Alabama, the best football team for probably the past 5-10 years has the same exact problem.  Students do not want to come in the games and when you can watch the game from right outside of the stadium with your satellite and continue to drink why even come in the game.  Yes, the BlueZone is expected to be filled but why sit in the cold when you can sit inside and watch the game on the televisions inside the stadium.  It also doesn't help that EVERY SINGLE GAME is at 12:00!
tarheeltatman
#3 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:53:04 PM(UTC)
tarheeltatman

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
I live in Charlotte and used to go to a few games a year before they came up with so many 12:00-12:30 starts. I'd have to leave the house by 8am for such an early game. I can only guess the early start times deters many others from trying to attend from anywhere more than an hour away.

How are the ticket prices now for Gen Adm??? Having not been to Kenan in several years, I do know it was simply beautiful before the additions were made, and it still seems picturesque on TV.  I caught a little of the d00k-state college game Saturday, and was surprised at how empty that cow field Wallace Wade was (figured the tractors would be making a convoy over to Durham, but apparently not the case), and still can't get past the fact d00k has the track around the football field (looks high schoolish, IMO).

It did seem to be a good crowd for the Miami game, I just wonder if that had anything to do with it being a night game?  Maybe we should petition Swofford for later start times?
TAR!(nation)
#4 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 7:25:46 PM(UTC)
TAR!(nation)

Regardless of Alabama, d00k, satellites etc My sole concern is the growth of Carolina football. It was not that long ago Kenan was filled every game during those Brown years. I understand to some the excuse is the program is down right now and I say to that you are a fair weather supporter. It should never matter either you are IN or you are OUT cut and dry. I believe in Coach Fedora his staff and players, as real supporters we all should be in Kenan showing this program the love by being loud and obnoxious to victory! While I say this mind you I realize some cannot because they cannot afford to do what I am blessed go be about to do financially but my goodness what is everyone else's excuse?! Fill Kenan and support this program!
Super Gnat
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:32:53 PM(UTC)
Super Gnat

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Just wait till the ODU game.  We should call for a "Silver Out" so it won't be so noticeable on TV.
TAR!(nation)
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:19:41 PM(UTC)
TAR!(nation)

In regards to the prior comment about UNC having similar issues with student attendance I disagree.Taking into account breaks in semester I personally do not see a similarity but with the "average fan" or alumni in Blue Zone I absolutely see a major issue. I sit, currently around the sideline student sections close to where the basketball players sit for games and the seats are well populated every game and extremely involved.What is the "average fan" or alumni in Blue Zone excuse?! My entire point is for this thread is you honest to goodness are fully backing the Carolina Football program then make an effort, and come out to Kenan every Saturday and get loud for this team who deserves our support. I believe an obnoxiously loud fan base in Kenan is worth @ least 10-14 points more for our TarHeels. I am very passionate about TarHeel athletics and support in any way I can. I want to see this program rise from the ashes of lowly 2000s and a scandal up to a major player in the ACC and nationally in time but its going to take us, as a fan base, go hell make this happen!
TAR!(nation)
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:46:27 PM(UTC)
TAR!(nation)

To reply to Super Gnat your last comment calling for a "silver out" is ridiculous at its core. You shouldnt even respond because you obviously do not take the matter serious enough and that is a microcosm of what I'm talking about here. Just paint yourself silver and become a "one man silver out". Where are my helmet stickers?! My passion alone should earn me at least half a helmet full of helmet stickers and off walk-on status! I'm In It To Win It! All In for Those TarHeels!
James
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:19:41 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Originally Posted by: TAR!(nation) Go to Quoted Post
To reply to Super Gnat your last comment calling for a "silver out" is ridiculous at its core. You shouldnt even respond because you obviously do not take the matter serious enough and that is a microcosm of what I'm talking about here. Just paint yourself silver and become a "one man silver out". Where are my helmet stickers?! My passion alone should earn me at least half a helmet full of helmet stickers and off walk-on status! I'm In It To Win It! All In for Those TarHeels!

I've got you covered on the helmet stickers, Tar!  I appreciate your passion and welcome you to the forums, just be careful not to attack other posters.

threwitawaytoworthy
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:57:41 PM(UTC)
threwitawaytoworthy

Not a fan of the Blue Zone or the "Center for Excellence" (whatever that is). It appears that weather conditions have to be perfect (not too hot or too cold) for most of the zoners to come outside the boxes and watch/cheer with the rest of us. I, too, remember the sellouts we had when Mack was here and we could still approach that today if we had kept the seating capacity at the same level. Personally, I prefer something along the lines of the old Alamo in place of the Blue Zoone but it is what is so I'm going to have to live with it. Maybe if the PTB made more cheap tickets available to the public we could get more people in these empty corner sections that seem to always be there. Since we are the University of The People  we need to get more of The People in there. I've noticed many times that they are some of the loudest fans.  This could also go for basketball as well but that's another topic. Thanks for letting me speak my opinion.
Tarheelroy
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:47:53 AM(UTC)
Tarheelroy

I'm afraid the Blue Zone is a failed concept. It's hard to convince a real football fan that an endzone seat qualifies as "premium seating". I would never give up my seat on the 40 yard line and pay more for an endzone seat. I have spoken with game day coordinator Brian Chacos (who is very friendly and open to ideas) and suggested that he should maintain a data base with church groups, YMCA's, high school and pee wee football teams and reach out to them with discounted tickets for games like ODU and any other games when we know attendance will suffer. I also think Bubba should petition John Swofford and demand that no ACC school should have to host more than two noon games per year. I know TV calls the shots, but ultimately these noon games cast us in the light of being a second-rate school, hurts attendance, hurts recruiting and hurts our ability to compete in the conference and nationally. Swofford should respond to that.  
Super Gnat
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:03:59 AM(UTC)
Super Gnat

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Originally Posted by: TAR!(nation) Go to Quoted Post

I should have used a smiley Tar.  Tough to jest on a message board.

Just a comment on the Blue Zone; there are just as many people inside watching the game than sitting outside and the administration knew this would be the case when they built the thing.  It is a great upgrade, but does make the attendance look wimpy.
TAR!(nation)
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:26:28 AM(UTC)
TAR!(nation)

Like to see in the future concessions made to where somehow those seating areas in Blue Zone can be had by Students so both end zones can be loud.....let those who are too cold too hot too wet too whatever keep the suites and stay in there if they want to....
Rss Feed