Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

James
#1 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 6:57:07 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
2014 5-star shooting guard Devin Booker just announced his top-5 list, according to FOXSports Basketball Recruiting Analyst Evan Daniels via Twitter. UNC didn't make the cut.

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDanielsFOX
Devin Booker says his top five are Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan St. & Missouri. No order.

This might be disappointing news to UNC fans, but it's not a huge surprise given Booker's recent comments:

"Whenever I feel like the right school is the right school, that's when I'll (commit and sign)," Booker said. "I feel like if a school wants me bad enough, they'll make it happen. The schools that are recruiting me right now have told me that if I really want to go there, they have a spot for me. (Duke and North Carolina) are still recruiting me, and I think if I want to go there I still could, but I want to go with the coaches who have shown me the most interest. And ever since (Duke and North Carolina) got their new (commitments), I haven't seen much of that."
http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2013/08/moss_point_basketball_star_dev.html
cbtarheel
#2 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:04:30 PM(UTC)
cbtarheel

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
Let me get this straight... he is basically saying he wants the coaches to beg him to go to their school. Coach Williams and even RatBoy do not need to beg any kid to come to their schools!!!
This kid really smells of Kentucky...
tarheelwalker
#3 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 8:01:33 PM(UTC)
tarheelwalker

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
There's something about this kid that makes me not like him. It's not bc he dropped UNC but just something about his attitude that's always made me think he could be one of those 5-star flops...wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being a flop in college
Super Gnat
#4 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 8:15:24 PM(UTC)
Super Gnat

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Seems like this attitude is becoming more prevalent these days. Maybe I am just old....
MikeRaym
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:33:33 AM(UTC)
MikeRaym

To me I don't think he has a bad attitude, it's more of a sad attitude. It makes perfect sense. We have a stable of guard forward talent coming in and he didn't commit as fast as the other recruits and We basically have what's necessary to be successful in the future at the guard forward position. And when it come to recruiting any player who has a list to narrow down of top schools is definitely being begged to come play for a program. Believe it or not.
hammerheel68
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:57:44 PM(UTC)
hammerheel68

He was "back-burnered" by us a while ago.
Rss Feed