Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

UNC_lmb7
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:19:42 PM(UTC)
UNC_lmb7

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Elijah Hood out of Charlotte has decommitted from Notre Dame and from what I understand UNC is going to be hard to beat out for him he is ranked number 5 Rb in class of 2014 on 24/7 sports huge get for the heels if they can get him
James
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:24:52 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
Thanks for the update.You scooped me by a minute...that's (potentially) great news for UNC.  I'll add Hood back to the recruiting board and we'll hope for the best.
James
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:22:53 PM(UTC)
James

Well that didn't take long...from Charlotte sports radio:

Mark Seidel ‏@MarkSeidelWFNZ
A lot of chatter that Elijah Hood has already informed the staff at UNC that he will be coming there...we shall see sooner than later.

Snowman
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:18:50 PM(UTC)
Snowman

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
That would be a huge pick up for the Heels.
James
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:15:20 PM(UTC)
James

Hood speaks with the Charlotte Observer, says the decision was about staying closer to home.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/08/20/4251226/charlotte-catholics-elijah-hood.html
"It was about being closer to home and I want to have (my family) with me in my development.” Hood said he didn’t have a short list of colleges and he didn’t have a timetable to name one, though he leaned toward announcing one sooner than later.

HeelFanMIkeB
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:09:46 AM(UTC)
HeelFanMIkeB

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Man this kid would he a huge Get! Watching his highlights he looks like a high schooler playing against peewees. Hows his level of competition in that league?
Super Gnat
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:14:04 AM(UTC)
Super Gnat

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
If true, we will be absolutely loaded at the RB spot.
Rss Feed