Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

James
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:31:59 PM(UTC)
James

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forumsNews Breaker: First to post a breaking news item in the forums
An interesting interview with Rashad McCants. It sounds like his answers were written rather than a face-to-face interview, but it's still fascinating...as it always is with Rashad.

"My talent has always been overlooked as I catered to the critics to constantly prove them wrong.  My track record going back to the AAU days until now still shows I am one of the best shooting guards to play the game."
http://ballislife.com/rashad-mccants-unchained/
twu662
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:19:19 AM(UTC)
twu662

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times community
It was an interesting read and, I saw it too, he was taking advantage of an extensive vocabulary (wouldn't it be great is this was face to face).  In the college game, players are specialized.  People were surprised that Harrison Barnes could do more than just score on jumpers.  And it's always been said that Dean Smith was the only person who could hold MJ under 20 pts/gm...  So it doesn't seem surprising that Rashad might say this.  Or is his ego the only thing more profound than his talent?  I mean, he even acknowledged that Miami said no one had anything good to say about him.  Isn't that a clue?

HeelFanMIkeB
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:38:22 PM(UTC)
HeelFanMIkeB

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
I just hope it works out better for him in the end ive always liked him
LeadingScorer
#4 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 8:48:25 PM(UTC)
LeadingScorer

Helmet Stickers: Founding Member: Original member of the Tar Heel Times communityTopic Starter: Has started at least one thread in the forums
Always 1 of my favorite Tar Heels but he has just always rubbed influential people in the wrong way.  If Rashad could only learn 'You must B humble 2 receive an opportunity 4 success my friend'.
Rss Feed