Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Posted by: James Posted: Monday, September 09, 2013 9:47:09 PM(UTC)
There's been so much basketball recruiting news of the past three days that I decided to consolidate it into one post so it'd be easier to digest:

The big announcement Monday was that 2014 5-star shooting guard Rashad Vaughn scheduled an official visit to UNC on September 27th. This news comes on the heels of fellow shooting guard Robert Johnson's visit to Chapel Hill over the weekend. Vaughn is scheduled to visit Baylor on October 18th, and Johnson has at least one more visit scheduled (FSU and perhaps others), so we'll likely get more clarity some time in October.  Obviously with these two, it's first-come-first-served for UNC's final 2014 slot. Hopefully one of them jumps on the Heels' bandwagon.

College coaches were allowed to begin off-campus visits on Monday. Roy Williams began his day in Greensboro visiting with 2014 commit Theo Pinson, and ended the day in Orlando, Florida with fellow 2014 commit Joel Berry:

Theo pinson ‏@tpinsonn
Had a great visit from my guy Coach Williams this morning! #tarheelnation #UNC #ready

Joel Berry II ‏@JoelBerryII
My man Coach Williams came to see me and my family tonight! Can't wait to play for him next year! #TarHeelNation

Speaking of Pinson, he announced via Twitter Monday evening that he will be making his official visit to UNC on December 14th to watch the Tar Heels play Kentucky:

Theo pinson ‏@tpinsonn
Taking my official visit to Carolina Dec 14th when they play Kentucky it is going to be crazy in the Dean Dome! Can't wait!! #UNC

Pinson was also invited to the Team USA mini-camp October 5-8 in Colorado Springs, Co. to train for the 2014 USA U18 national team. Pinson's high school teammate and UNC recruit Harry Giles will also attend, however he won't participate as he recovers from reconstructive knee surgery.
http://www.news-record.com/blogs/hsxtra/article_91188734-1974-11e3-ba9a-001a4bcf6878.html

Across the Triangle, UNC recruits Kwe Parker, Dennis Smith, Jr., and Brandon Ingram all took visits to NC State Saturday. Couple that news with the fact that 2014 4-star power forward Abdul Malik Abu committed to the Pack, and it was a big day in Rawlee.

Finally, 2015 shooting guard and UNC recruit Luke Kennard visited Kentucky Monday night to take in their alumni game.

And if you made it this far, thanks for reading all that
Please enter the reason you're reporting this post:
Report Cancel