Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Posted by: James Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:16:43 PM(UTC)
According to Minnesota fan site, GopherHole.com, two Iowa State coaches allegedly spoke with a writer from the Iowa State University student newspaper about Rashad Vaughn. If true, this would be a violation of NCAA rules, as college coaches are not allowed to mention recruits by name until they have signed with the school.

Here's the tweet in question, which has since been deleted:

After talking to two ISU coaches about Rashad Vaughn today, it’s almost a certainty that it's between the #Cyclones & UNLV for his services.
— Dean Berhow-Goll (@DeanBG) October 11, 2013

Here's the forum topic at The Gopher Hole discussing the incident.

And here's the retraction by Dean Berhow-Goll explaining that his original tweet was incorrect:

Dean Berhow-Goll ‏@DeanBG
The earlier tweet regarding Rashad Vaughn was a mistake. It was no mistake of the Iowa State basketball coaches, I take full responsibility

Keep in mind that all of this is speculation, rumor, miscommunication, etc.  Nothing is likely to come of it, even if there were a violation involved. It was just an interesting story to follow and I thought I'd share. The biggest news to come out of this is that some believe it's a two-horse race for Vaughn between UNLV and Iowa State.

Please enter the reason you're reporting this post:
Report Cancel