Your comprehensive source for Tar Heel sports news

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Posted by: Tarheelroy Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:47:53 AM(UTC)
I'm afraid the Blue Zone is a failed concept. It's hard to convince a real football fan that an endzone seat qualifies as "premium seating". I would never give up my seat on the 40 yard line and pay more for an endzone seat. I have spoken with game day coordinator Brian Chacos (who is very friendly and open to ideas) and suggested that he should maintain a data base with church groups, YMCA's, high school and pee wee football teams and reach out to them with discounted tickets for games like ODU and any other games when we know attendance will suffer. I also think Bubba should petition John Swofford and demand that no ACC school should have to host more than two noon games per year. I know TV calls the shots, but ultimately these noon games cast us in the light of being a second-rate school, hurts attendance, hurts recruiting and hurts our ability to compete in the conference and nationally. Swofford should respond to that.  
Please enter the reason you're reporting this post:
Report Cancel