North Carolina vs. Florida State Postgame Notes
Posted Oct 18, 2020
North Carolina has accumulated more than 400 yards of total offense in each of the last 12 games. On Saturday, the Tar Heels had 558 yards of offense, while Florida State managed 432. Sam Howell passed for a season-high 374 yards and three touchdowns. Running back Javonte Williams scored his ACC-leading seventh rushing touchdown.
• Game captains: Dyami Brown, Michael Carter, Tomon Fox, Jeremiah Gemmel, Josh Henderson
• Howell improves his career total to 4,782 passing yards. He passed both Jason Stanicek for seventh and Mitch Trubisky for sixth in UNC history in career passing yards.
• Howell was 9 of 15 for 91 yards in first half and 11 of 21 for 283 yards in the second half.
• Howell threw for three scores; he has thrown two or more touchdown passes in 16 of his 17 games as a Tar Heel and three or more for the 10th time (second time this season). He has thrown at least one TD pass in every game as a Tar Heel.
• Michael Carter rushed for 65 yards and moved into eighth all-time at UNC in rushing yards with 2,637. He passed Elijah Hood for ninth place and Charlie Justice for eighth place in school history.
• Javonte Williams scored his ACC-leading seventh rushing touchdown and added a receiving TD to give him nine total TDs this season. He also piled up 98 yards on the ground in the first half.
• Williams went over 100 yards rushing in a game for the fourth time in his career. He finished the night with 119 yards on 19 carries.
• Williams had another monster game with 186 total scrimmage yards, including a career-high 67 receiving yards. Over the last two games, Williams has 410 total scrimmage yards.
• Beau Corrales had a career-high 141 receiving yards on four catches and scored his first TD of the season. He has 12 career receiving touchdowns. He entered the game with 97 receiving yards this season.
• Trey Morrison registered his second career interception in the second half.
• Tomari Fox made a career-high nine tackles and had a TFL and a QB hurry.
• Mack Brown is now 254-129-1 all-time and 79-53-1 as Carolina’s head coach.
Courtesy UNC Athletics Communications
Sam Howell has been named to the Davey O'Brien QB Class of 2021. Each member of the 40-player group is now an official candidate to...
UNC offensive coordinator Phil Longo discussed the development of freshmen receivers J.J. Jones, Bryson Nesbit, Gavin Blackwell, and Kobe Paysour with a focus on...
Javonte Williams and Michael Carter had career days out of the backfield, with both setting season highs in receptions. Williams caught six of his seven...
Together, let’s remember the Tar Heels' last visit to Notre Dame in 2014. For some reason, UNC football coach Larry Fedora felt good about the...