Parents of UNC men's basketball players say NIT decision was left up to the team
Posted Mar 14, 2023
Hubert Davis allowed UNC players to vote on whether to play in the NIT, and the school opted out of the tournament after the majority of players voted against it, the fathers of three Tar Heels said Tuesday. The voting results took effect when the Tar Heels failed to make the NCAA Tournament, said the fathers of Caleb Love, Puff Johnson, and D'Marco Dunn.
(USA Today)
Related: Basketball, Basketball Recruiting
Tar Heels Still Awaiting Henri Veesaar's Return to Practice and GamesA UNC spokesman confirmed Wednesday that Henri Veesaar is being held out of practice. Hubert Davis’ comments were notable, considering his remarks earlier in the...
Wed Feb 18, 2026Perspectives On UNC's Play vs. NC State
This UNC Basketball team is limited with what it can do. And so if you’re viewing this through a lens that North Carolina is a...
Wed Feb 18, 2026
Video: No Days Off - Get To Know Dylan Mingo
Most 17-year-olds are still asleep when Dylan Mingo is already in the gym. He’s up before sunrise, taking 800 shots and putting in five hours...
Wed Feb 18, 2026
Chansky’s Notebook: Tables Turned
Prior to the Tar Heels’ trip to face the Wolfpack in Raleigh on Tuesday, UNC had a two-decades-long relationship with State that could be described...
Wed Feb 18, 2026
