No more rules on NIL? Gov. Cooper rescinds state's guidance
Posted Mar 13, 2024
After a federal court decision stopped the NCAA's enforcement of rules around name, image and likeness in college athletics, North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper rescinded an 2021 executive order that imposed modest guidelines for the state. He said the decision came in consultation with college athletic programs. NC State AD Boo Corrigan said flexibility is key.
(WRAL Sports Fan)
Related: Other News
Kyle Busch’s death shattered the racing world. The story of his legacy is still being writtenThe shock and devastation of Kyle Busch’s sudden death has shattered the racing world. The winningest driver in NASCAR history, with 234 victories across the...
Sat May 23, 2026Top transfer John Blackwell withdraws from NBA Draft, will play at Duke
John Blackwell has withdrawn from the NBA Draft and will join the Duke Blue Devils as one of the top transfers from the portal, per...
Sat May 23, 2026
New NCAA Eligibility Requirements Could Impact Top International Basketball Players
New eligibility requirement guidance that could significantly impact top international talent headed to college basketball was distributed by the NCAA earlier this month. The guidance,...
Fri May 22, 2026
College football storylines, predictions, names to know heading into 2026 season
Our 100-Day countdown looks ahead to Week Zero, which features six FBS games and seven power conference teams in action, including an ACC showdown in...
Fri May 22, 2026
