Michael Lombardi Says 4-5 UNC Football Players Have Backed Out of NIL Contracts Since December
Posted May 6, 2025
UNC Football has lost 51 players to the transfer portal this offseason. It's the most departures of any ACC team this offseason and the most for the Tar Heels in the portal era. General Manager Michael Lombardi told ACC Network's Mark Packer that multiple players have backed out of NIL deals since he and Bill Belichick arrived on campus in December.
(Inside Carolina)
Related: Football, Football Recruiting
UNC Football’s Home-And-Home Series With South Carolina CanceledThe upcoming North Carolina and South Carolina home-and-home football series scheduled for 2028 in Columbia and 2029 in Chapel Hill, has been canceled. Last year,...
Fri May 22, 2026Bill Belichick Opens Up About UNC, Recruiting and College Football
Entering his second season with the Tar Heels, North Carolina Football coach Bill Belichick sat down for a two-hour exclusive interview with FOX television recently...
Thu May 21, 2026
Video: Carolina Football - The Process, Episode 2
North Carolina Football's long-form video feature The Process, Episode 2 goes behind-the-scenes with the Tar Heels' to highlight preparations for the upcoming season, team-building activities,...
Wed May 20, 2026
Bill Belichick opens up on relationship with first UNC Football team
"The group last year, I wouldn’t say they were disrespectful, that’s not the right word, but it was different. It was like they were recruited...
Wed May 20, 2026
