Bruce Carter will return for senior season
Posted Nov 24, 2009
North Carolina has group of junior defenders contemplating skipping their final season for the NFL. Junior linebacker Bruce Carter said Monday he's staying in school. The junior from Havelock said Monday he's staying in school. "I'm going to come back and finish my education, not only for me but for my family," Carter said. Carter ranks third on the team with 48 tackles and he also has an interception return for a touchdown.
(Raleigh News & Observer)
Related: Football, Tar Heels in the NFL
UNC Running Back Demon June Enters Year 2 With Newfound Confidence"My confidence is through the roof," UNC running back Demon June said with a grin on Friday. "Being a freshman last year, it was new...coming...
Mon Aug 17, 2026Video: IC Podcast - Why Not UNC?
UNC Football kicks off the 2026 season in less than two weeks as the Tar Heels face TCU in Ireland. The national narrative is that...
Mon Aug 17, 2026
UNC Football to face three teams ranked in preseason AP poll, including two in top 10
The preseason AP Top 25 football poll offers more proof that UNC's 2026 football schedule is far tougher than the one it faced a year...
Mon Aug 17, 2026
What’s Playing for Bobby Petrino Like? Tar Heels Discuss New Offensive Coordinator
Here’s what the Tar Heels have said about new UNC offensive coordinator Bobby Petrino in the leadup to the 2026 football season. Wide receiver Trech...
Mon Aug 17, 2026