Dwight Jones says offense should be fine despite changes
Posted Aug 2, 2011
North Carolina receiver Dwight Jones said he was stunned last week when he was told of the firing of then Tar Heels coach Butch Davis. Jones said he was working out at Cummings High School when he got the news in a phone call. “I found out the day it happened,” Jones said Monday nigh. “It was a shock. I didn’t think it was going to happen. But you’ve just got to move on now.”
(Burlington Times News)
Related: Football, Football Recruiting
UNC Football’s Home-And-Home Series With South Carolina CanceledThe upcoming North Carolina and South Carolina home-and-home football series scheduled for 2028 in Columbia and 2029 in Chapel Hill, has been canceled. Last year,...
Fri May 22, 2026Bill Belichick Opens Up About UNC, Recruiting and College Football
Entering his second season with the Tar Heels, North Carolina Football coach Bill Belichick sat down for a two-hour exclusive interview with FOX television recently...
Thu May 21, 2026
Video: Carolina Football - The Process, Episode 2
North Carolina Football's long-form video feature The Process, Episode 2 goes behind-the-scenes with the Tar Heels' to highlight preparations for the upcoming season, team-building activities,...
Wed May 20, 2026
Bill Belichick opens up on relationship with first UNC Football team
"The group last year, I wouldn’t say they were disrespectful, that’s not the right word, but it was different. It was like they were recruited...
Wed May 20, 2026