North Carolina starts practice amid questions, distrust
Posted Aug 7, 2011
Standing in the end zone of Kenan Memorial Stadium after the first practice of the season Friday, offensive lineman Jonathan Cooper said he understood what might await the North Carolina football team when school resumes Aug. 23. There will be a dose of resentment and a dash of ridicule on campus for the players, the aftermath of a scandal that resulted in charges of nine major NCAA violations.
(USA Today)
Related: Football, Football Recruiting
That’s Drake Maye ‘Playing the Best Position in the World’For over an hour or so on the field at Oceanside Collegiate Academy, the older brothers played receiver for Drake Maye and Sam Howell (who...
Mon Aug 17, 2026Video: Locked On Tar Heels - Sayon Keita Arrives, UNC Quarterback Battle
UNC Basketball finally unites as Sayon Keita arrives in Chapel Hill. But will NCAA eligibility setbacks sideline freshman 7-footer? UNC Football is experiencing a murky...
Mon Aug 17, 2026
UNC Running Back Demon June Enters Year 2 With Newfound Confidence
"My confidence is through the roof," UNC running back Demon June said with a grin on Friday. "Being a freshman last year, it was new...coming...
Mon Aug 17, 2026
Video: IC Podcast - Why Not UNC?
UNC Football kicks off the 2026 season in less than two weeks as the Tar Heels face TCU in Ireland. The national narrative is that...
Mon Aug 17, 2026