UNC Recruiting Week in Review
Posted Aug 20, 2012
Actually, this recruiting "Week in Review" will cover the past two weeks so we can get back up to speed. Here goes...
Basketball
Roy Williams offered a scholarship to 2014 SF Justin Jackson, a consensus 5-star talent from Spring, TX. Jackson is the sixth member of the 2014 recruiting class to receive an offer.
One member of the 2014 class who has yet to receive an offer, but is garnering a lot of attention is power forward Isaac Copeland. Copeland visited UNC on Thursday and reportedly had a "good visit".
Several other basketball recruits who hold offers from UNC have recently taken visits to other schools: 2013 PF Julius Randle visited Oklahoma State on Saturday, 2014 SF Justise Winslow visited Stanford on August 10th, and 2013 SF Troy Williams visited Alabama last week.
2013 SG Wayne Selden has trimmed his list to six schools and eliminated UNC.
Meanwhile, 2013 center Kennedy Meeks says that NC State, Georgetown, and Louisville are currently recruiting him the hardest.
And in case you were wondering, it turns out that 6-foot-1 2013 UNC point guard commit Nate Britt can indeed dunk the basketball. It wasn't on the level of what incoming freshman J.P. Tokoto can do, but he got it down.
You can keep up to date with all the latest news on our basketball recruiting news page.
Football
Friday was opening night for high school football in North Carolina. UNC WR commit Jordan Fieulleteau caught 8 passes for 110 yards, including a 38-yard touchdown, while RB Khris Francis rushed for 108 yards and two touchdowns. Here's how more of the current commits fared.
Ryan Switzer, a 2013 UNC receiver commit, was invited to play in the Semper Fi All-American Bowl in San Diego on January 4th.
2014 offensive lineman Trip McNeill was pleasantly "shocked" by his UNC visit on Thursday, August 9th. He received a scholarship offer during his visit.
2013 offensive guard Dorian Miller visited UNC the following day and said he was treated well.
Apparently UNC really wants to add another offensive lineman to the 2013 class. The coaching staff reportedly sent 2013 lineman (and Georgia commit) Brandon Kublanow 20 handwritten letters recently.
You can keep up to date with all the latest news on our football recruiting news page.
Related: Basketball Recruiting, Recruiting Board
5-star guard Dylan Mingo sets new commitment dateFive-star point guard Dylan Mingo will announce his commitment on Tuesday, February 17th. Mingo, a 6-foot-5 senior from Long Island Lutheran (NY), originally planned to...
Sun Feb 15, 2026Newsletter: Trimble's Triple, Banghart's Big Win, Surratt's Super Sunday, Remembering James Spurling
What a week in UNC sports! Seth Trimble became a legend, Women’s Basketball beat State in their house, Chazz Surratt won a Super Bowl, two...
Mon Feb 9, 2026
UNC Basketball Entering the Picture for 2027 Wing RJ Moore
Class of 2027 6-foot-7 wing RJ Moore has proven to be one of the elite basketball talents in North Carolina and his recruitment continues to...
Thu Feb 5, 2026
Video: Locked On Tar Heels - Dylan Mingo Watch Is On
UNC Basketball turns the recruiting tide as Dylan Mingo Watch heats up. Could the Tar Heels land the nation’s top guard? Maximo Adams, fresh off...
Wed Feb 4, 2026