Mass exodus? Several players might leave champion Tar Heels
Posted Apr 5, 2017
Kennedy Meeks, Isaiah Hicks, and Nate Britt are departing seniors. All-American Justin Jackson took advantage of rules last year allowing players to declare for the NBA draft and work out for teams while maintaining college eligibility provided they don't hire and agent, and appears likely to do so again. It's unclear if point guard Joel Berry II will go the same route.
(Associated Press)
Related: Basketball, Tar Heels in the NBA
Video: Locked On Tar Heels - UNC Basketball Targeting Jordan Page, 10 More Top-15 RecruitsUNC amps up its basketball recruiting strategy as Michael Malone aggressively targets elite prospects, offering scholarships to 11 of the top 15 players in the...
Tue Aug 18, 2026Michael Malone says Roy Williams 'had a lot to do' with him taking UNC job
"Coach Williams had a lot to do with me taking this job," Michael Malone said. "I was going to stay in the NBA and continue...
Tue Aug 18, 2026
Video: Michael Malone details his plan to make UNC fanbase proud
Jon Rothstein sits down with new North Carolina head men's basketball coach Michael Malone on Inside College Basketball Now for a wide-ranging conversation about his...
Tue Aug 18, 2026
A Sixth Season, Fifth School: Angelo Brizzi’s Path to Carolina Basketball
The modern era of college athletics certainly has its pros and cons. Angelo Brizzi's path to UNC is a byproduct of that, especially the transfer...
Tue Aug 18, 2026