UNC lineman out for season
Posted Jul 21, 2006
Defensive lineman Khalif Mitchell will not be enrolled and will not play football at North Carolina this fall because of off-the-field issues, coach John Bunting said on Thursday. However, "there will be a distinct opportunity for him to come back,'' Bunting added. At 6 feet 6 and 297 pounds, he leaves a big hole to fill. "We'll move Kentwan Balmer inside, and Cam Thomas is going to get playing time; he knows that," Bunting said. "We were expecting a big season out of Melik Brown, which allows us to move some people around.
(Raleigh News & Observer)
Related: Football, Football Recruiting
That’s Drake Maye ‘Playing the Best Position in the World’For over an hour or so on the field at Oceanside Collegiate Academy, the older brothers played receiver for Drake Maye and Sam Howell (who...
Mon Aug 17, 2026Video: Locked On Tar Heels - Sayon Keita Arrives, UNC Quarterback Battle
UNC Basketball finally unites as Sayon Keita arrives in Chapel Hill. But will NCAA eligibility setbacks sideline freshman 7-footer? UNC Football is experiencing a murky...
Mon Aug 17, 2026
UNC Running Back Demon June Enters Year 2 With Newfound Confidence
"My confidence is through the roof," UNC running back Demon June said with a grin on Friday. "Being a freshman last year, it was new...coming...
Mon Aug 17, 2026
Video: IC Podcast - Why Not UNC?
UNC Football kicks off the 2026 season in less than two weeks as the Tar Heels face TCU in Ireland. The national narrative is that...
Mon Aug 17, 2026