UNC right tackle position still unsettled
Posted Aug 20, 2013
UNC held its final preseason scrimmage Saturday and offensive line coach Chris Kapilovic said late last week he anticipated deciding on a starter at right tackle. Throughout the preseason, four players have received work with the first team: Nick Appel, Kiaro Holts, Jon Heck and John Ferranto. If the season began today, Kapilovic said, Heck, a redshirt freshman, would start.
(Charlotte Observer)
Related: Football, Football Recruiting
UNC Offensive Line 'Seeing the Game Together' as Season Opener NearsOf the six returnees on UNC's offensive line, four made starts for the Tar Heels last season. In a vacuum, that could give the Tar...
Sat Aug 22, 2026The NCAA Has Won a Victory in the Class of 2022 Debate. What Does it Mean for UNC?
The Tenth Circuit stay does not affect potential fifth-year college athletes protected by a specific state lawsuit which has either been granted a total restraining...
Sat Aug 22, 2026
Jordan Hall's Emergence, Experience Bolsters UNC's Offensive Line
After starting the final four games for the Tar Heels in 2025, offensive lineman Jordan Hall earned the program’s most improved player award. What makes...
Sat Aug 22, 2026
Carolina Football Live Radio Show Returns To TOPO Aug. 24
The 2026 UNC Football season is here and so is "Carolina Football Live," beginning Monday, Aug. 24 at 7 p.m. at Top of the Hill...
Sat Aug 22, 2026